Linen Drawer Company Profile
Our Mission Statement
Our Mission is to provide high quality, comfortable and stylish household textiles to our customers globally through an innovative, ethical, inspired and world-leading organization and to educate our customers on the benefits and care of our products.
In 2004 the current owners of Linen Drawer decided to combine their extensive knowledge of fabrics with their vast experience in retail and manufacturing in South Africa .... and so the concept of Linen Drawer was formed. Actual trading began towards the end of that year.
We began, by sourcing top quality pure cotton percale fabric. Once we had found a fabric that met our exacting specifications, we used the fabric to produce an extensive range of bedding and so the Linen Drawer brand was introduced to the South African market. The bedding was well received by the hospitality industry around the country. It was not long however, before we were being asked to supply duvet inners, cotton throws, towelling and a host of related products. We set out to partner with some of the top producers of quality brands in each of those fields and before long, were able to offer a virtual one stop shop for bedding, towelling and soft furnishings for the hospitality industry.
The business had initially been established as a bulk supplier of quality bedding and towelling to the tourism industry. Decorators and the public (many of whom had become familiar with our bedding because they had stayed at hotels that we supply) were demanding access to our products. In 2007 we set up the retail leg of our business. We opened a showroom in Paarl (our home town) and redesigned our website www.linendrawer.co.za to function as a safe, secure yet simple to use, online bedroom and bathroom shop.
Products & Services
Linen Drawer is essentially a producer of top quality, pure cotton percale bedding, as well as a wholesaler and retailer of a comprehensive range of bed and bath linen and related products. Our products and service offering is targeted as follows:
- To the hospitality industry we offer our entire product range in South and Southern Africa operating through a network of competent agents. We focus on ensuring that the durability and performance of all our products are ideal for this industry. In addition to this we offer a laundry training workshop where laundry and housekeeping staff are trained on techniques and processes in the laundry with the intention of increasing longevity of the products and reduction in costs.
- To the decorating industry we offer our entire product range plus the specialised service of customising products through embroidery, design and sizing. It is possible to ensure that the bed and bath linen matches the décor of the bed and bath room.
- To the general public we offer our product range at retail prices, selling from our showroom in Paarl as well as directly from our online Bed and Bathroom shop – see www.linendrawer.co.za
What sets Linen Drawer apart from our competitors?
- We focus on delivery. If we commit to delivering a product or service at a particular time...it will be delivered on time and with a smile. Integrity is a key driver for us and is evident through all areas of our business.
- Our products are all top quality. From our own range of Linen Drawer branded bedlinen, our cotton throws, bath robes, towels, duvets and our pure silk cushions... in fact, all of our products offer exceptional quality and value for money. Wherever possible, we make use of pure natural fabrics like cottons and silk... not only are the healthier, but they typically feel so much more luxurious than the synthetic equivalent. In addition, pure natural products often have a life span that exceeds that of the alternatives.
- We at Linen Drawer have a wealth of knowledge around fabrics. Their properties, how to launder them and how to get the best use from the fabric / product. We are happy to share our extensive knowledge with you. On our website www.linendrawer.co.za we have a page dedicated to stain removal and how to care for your bed and bath linen. In addition we offer a unique service to the hospitality trade where, for a small fee, we will come into the laundry, meet with the individuals doing the work and train them on how to be effective in their job. The results of the training have been encouraging. Typically the training results in an increase in the lifespan of the products of around 30%.